Tuesday, April 04, 2006

PANTALA NAGA PAMPA

This past weekend was the trip to Tempe, AZ, and did I have FUN!!!! Matt, Kat, Becca and I finally got around to leaving at 10am Friday morning. The drive there was fun and quick. We checked into our hotel and went to pick up Kat's "friend" Chris from the Air Force Base. We went and ate at Chipotle, which, if you haven't ever been there, is a really really good burrito place. Huge burritos. Impossible to finish. Then we went back to the hotel, where Becca's cousin, who lives in that area, met us. Some drunk guys in the room next door hung out, and we eventually all hit the sack: Matt and I in the one bed in the room. Kat and Chris on Matt's inflatable mattress, and Becca on the shady rollaway bed the hotel charged us $10 for. We were all up and at 'em sometime in the morning, we went and ate breakfast at In & Out Burgers, which I had never been too, and is really yummy, but like Blake's Lottaburger. We then made our way to some record stores and a Buffalo Exchange. I bought 3 DMB cds that were included in the stolen batch for like 6 bucks each. They're used, but in great condition. I also bought a LIVE DAVID BOWIE record and a Tom Jones Greatest Hits record!! I haven't listened to them yet since the record player is in Santa Fe, they are definitely cool to own. We found some parking near the art/music festivals, Becca made us some really strong drinks, and we began the drunken adventures at about 3. We checked out the art fest for a while, downing our strong strong STRONG drinks. Becca, you're a horrible bartender. We walked over to where the music fest was, and noticed we were missing the Gin Blossoms, but we got to hear "Hey Jealousy" outside the place. They didn't allow bottles, so we finished our drinks, and hid a bottle full of vodka in our bag of popcorn, which went off without a hitch. We went in, walked around, got free keychains for the postcards Matt brought (thank you sweety!) and finally settled into a place. Vertical Horizon came on, they were ok, we had already seen them, I walked around with Becca. We checked out the School Of Rock Kids on another stage, they were kick ass. They were really talented and seemed like they were way jamming, but some asshole, their manager maybe, was up stage, like, conducting them the whole time, telling them where to stand, when to solo, while they were playing!! It was pissing everyone off, especially Becca. We went back to the main stage for G Love, where a drunken fight occured. Becca and I went back to the other stage to see Alien Ant Farm, which was fun. Then we shopped. We bought lots of lemonade as a chaser and bought tie-dyed clothing. I was too drunk to care about sizes, so now I have a tank top that is really cool, color-wise, but is too big. But the skirt I bought looks like I'm on fire and is long and wavy and so kick ass. We walked around during Train, who I don't like. They played some covers, like Aerosmith's "Dream On," and something else I don't remember. Then we went back to John Mayer Trio, who was AWESOME!! They were awesome in Denver, and they were even awesomer in Tempe, because I was quite drunk. We danced around and had fun and I loved it! We took the long walk back to the car, where we stopped along the way to dance to drums and later to a guy playing Beatles' songs. I managed to give him the little bit of cash I had left. We dropped off Matt and Chris at the hotel and went to a little mexican food place next door. I ordered, drunkenly, in spanish, and discovered they didn't take cards. So Kat put our order together and paid for me. But they only gave us her food, which was ok. The burrito she ordered was SO GOOD!! And we got HORCHATA!!!!! I love horchata, oh my god. Then we went back to the hotel and died. I think it was about 2am. I have never stayed drunk for so long, especially without going to sleep!! It was awesome. Sunday we got up and went to the coolest store, IKEA. Its a giant swedish housewares store. They had a really good swedish food court thingy, where I had meatballs. This store was aweome. It was the biggest thing I had ever been in. We lost Becca, and then Matt and I lost Kat and Chris. It took forever to find each other. They had so many displays of kitchens and living rooms and bedrooms!! It was so different from other stores. So fun. We didn't have too much time, but I bought a little orange rug for the bathroom and some batteries. Chris' friend picked him up and we made our way back, stopping in some dinky ass town for Italian food. It seemed like forever getting back, it was hell. I was too tired to drive, and Kat almost got us hit by a semi truck, after which Matt drove. We finally got back at midnight.

I loved the trip overall. There were a few bumps in the road, but I had a great time with my friends and Matt. I love roadtrips, I can't wait to do it again!!

No comments: